About the Role
Product Manager drives the development of the Quest Forward suite of applications, from empathetic user needs research through prioritizing features, documenting requirements, reviewing and supporting UI designs, confirming functionality, scheduling and communicating across multiple teams. The Product Manager also assists in maintaining product management processes, policies and tools.
- Understand end users – teachers, students, school leaders – deeply, and work with OE’s research and curriculum teams, to identify operational and experiential end user needs for app improvements.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to define priority, scope and requirements for new features and improvements for multiple applications (web and mobile).
- Lead product development team in problem solving around complex needs and possible solutions, influenced by stakeholder needs, business priorities, and technical complexity.
- Ensure feature requirements are documented and communicated appropriately for recipients across the Platform team, including designers, engineers, quality assurance engineers, and trainers, with a focus on agility, lean documentation, and efficient sprint cycles.
- Develop and maintain quarterly product roadmaps. Build buy-in for product vision within the Platform team, and with OE and external stakeholders.
- Assist with the development of specification documentation policies, procedures, and tools.
The OE Quest Forward team is distributed across various US and overseas locations. To work effectively, the Product Manager should display the following characteristics:
- A mature, empathetic perspective on teamwork, problem solving, and the value of our mission to improve education for young people worldwide.
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally.
- High standard of quality and ability to evaluate own work critically.
- Commitment to timeliness and deadlines.
- Ability to work productively with interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability and commitment to collaborate with others on new ideas, and to give and receive thoughtful and respectful feedback.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and prioritize appropriately, and to maintain focus when priorities evolve and change.
- Ability to solve problems independently and collaboratively, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively remotely, with a fully remote team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years product management experience, preferably with a web or mobile product team.
- Must be located in the USA, with Raleigh/Durham, NC or Denver, CO preferred.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
The Product Manager reports to the Director, Product Management.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com