Summer Bridge Program Mentor
Ideal candidates will have:
- College education (in process or completed). Current college students are welcome!
- Experience teaching or tutoring either English or Mathematics
- Excitement about working with groups of 8th grade students; past summer program experience a plus
- Reasonable expertise in Zoom video or similar video-based meeting capabilities
- Interest in teaching, project-based learning, or coaching
- Availability from June 29 through August 14. Required training and preparation will take place June 29-July 10. The program will run with students from July 13-24, and again from July 27-August 7.
- Ability to speak Spanish is helpful
- Eligible to work in Nebraska.
Education or experience as a teacher is welcome but not required.
Note: You will need to provide your own computer and Internet connection for the duration of the Program, both of which must be able to sustain real-time video conferencing.
Please record a short (up to 2 minutes) video of yourself in which you introduce yourself and tell us what interests you in the role, why we should hire you, and any other notable points you’d like us to know. Please send a link to this video, together with a link to your LinkedIn profile to Quest Forward Academy Director Mark Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to attach a resume to the email, if that would give us more information than your profile.
- Submission Deadline: Please email your application materials by June 18, 11PM CDT.
- Interview Selection Deadline: We will notify you of our decision to interview by June 22, 5PM CDT.
- Hiring Decision Deadline: We will notify you of our hiring decision by June 26, 5PM CDT.
- Start Date: June 29, 2020.
High School Mathematics Teacher
Ideal candidates will have:
- Teaching experience in grades 9-12
- Willingness to experiment and try new methods and approaches
- Comfort with innovative classroom environments
- Experience with project-based and problem-based learning
- Facility and comfort with technology
Candidates with experience or training in more than one subject and an ability to teach in multiple subjects are highly desirable. Ability to speak Spanish is also desirable. We are interested in both seasoned teaching professionals looking for something new and early career individuals looking to join something new and exciting. Send a Cover Letter with Statement of Teaching Philosophy and Resume to email@example.com.
School Counselor / Social Worker
The school counselor/social worker provides a general set of counseling and support services that advance the academic mission of Quest Forward Academy. The position especially attends to the social and emotional needs of students and to issues where collaboration among home, school, and community is the key to achieving student success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide counseling support for groups, individuals, and/or families to help students find success in Quest Forward Academy; refer students and families to outside support when appropriate.
- Assist students with conflict resolution and anger management.
- Assess students with mental health concerns.
- Assist teachers with behavior management.
- Respond to crises at school by providing support and assistance to students.
- Assist with the development and implementation of IEP and 504 plans for students, and refer students to outside learning specialists as appropriate.
- Help develop and support social-emotional learning activities, including ones to implement and deepen the practice of Essential Habits.
- Conduct training for Quest Forward Academy families to support social-emotional learning school-wide.
- Support whole-school education and orientation efforts.
- Work collaboratively with other counselors, the internship program, college advising, and teachers as needed.
- Serve as a point of contact for outside therapists working with Quest Forward Academy students, and refer students, as needed, to outside resources.
- Assist parents in accessing and utilizing school and community resources.
- Serve as liaison for confidential communications about students with outside organizations.
- Serve as a point person for Child Protective Services and Identify and report any Academy concerns about child abuse and neglect.
- Conduct home visits and external assessments.
- Work with students and third parties, such as standardized exam administrators, to ensure that students needing accommodations receive them.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be required
- MSW / MA / MS or equivalent experience
- Nebraska counselor certification or social worker certification
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Experience working with students in grades 9-12 in a high school setting, preferably with project-based learning
- Experience in supporting students to develop effective learning and organizational strategies to promote academic improvement
- Broad familiarity of learning needs and accommodations
- Specific strengths desired in effective learning and organizational strategies to promote academic improvement and social-emotional wellness
- A passion for bettering the lives of students and strengthening our shared community
- Spanish language proficiency is highly desirable but not required
Send a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.