Summer Bridge Program Mentor
Ideal candidates will have:
- College education (in process or completed). Current college students are welcome!
- Experience teaching or tutoring either English or Mathematics
- Excitement about working with groups of 8th grade students; past summer program experience a plus
- Reasonable expertise in Zoom video or similar video-based meeting capabilities
- Interest in teaching, project-based learning, or coaching
- Availability from June 29 through August 14. Required training and preparation will take place June 29-July 10. The program will run with students from July 13-24, and again from July 27-August 7.
- Ability to speak Spanish is helpful
- Eligible to work in Nebraska.
Education or experience as a teacher is welcome but not required.
Note: You will need to provide your own computer and Internet connection for the duration of the Program, both of which must be able to sustain real-time video conferencing.
Please record a short (up to 2 minutes) video of yourself in which you introduce yourself and tell us what interests you in the role, why we should hire you, and any other notable points you’d like us to know. Please send a link to this video, together with a link to your LinkedIn profile to Quest Forward Academy Director Mark Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to attach a resume to the email, if that would give us more information than your profile.
- Submission Deadline: Please email your application materials by June 18, 11PM CDT.
- Interview Selection Deadline: We will notify you of our decision to interview by June 22, 5PM CDT.
- Hiring Decision Deadline: We will notify you of our hiring decision by June 26, 5PM CDT.
- Start Date: June 29, 2020.
High School Mathematics Teacher
Ideal candidates will have:
- Teaching experience in grades 9-12
- Willingness to experiment and try new methods and approaches
- Comfort with innovative classroom environments
- Experience with project-based and problem-based learning
- Facility and comfort with technology
Candidates with experience or training in more than one subject and an ability to teach in multiple subjects are highly desirable. Ability to speak Spanish is also desirable. We are interested in both seasoned teaching professionals looking for something new and early career individuals looking to join something new and exciting. Send a Cover Letter with Statement of Teaching Philosophy and Resume to email@example.com.
The Internship Coordinator is responsible for coordinating career exploration, service learning, and internships at Quest Forward Academy Omaha, as part of its Pathways Program. The Coordinator leads the development of career exploration, service, and internship opportunities at organizations and companies in Omaha, and manages all student placement and support for these opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Outreach to Local Organizations: Conduct outreach efforts to local organizations in order to identify relevant internship opportunities, and maintain strong relationships with existing and new organizations to enhance and expand such opportunities. Network with parents and community organizations as needed, and organize participation by the Academy in relevant local events.
- Design and Lead Career Exploration Activities: Design career investigation activities, including student interest profiling, participation in career events, organizing guest speakers, and more, to support students in understanding their own career interests and career options.
- Coordinate Service Learning and Internships: Each year, coordinate the appropriate service and internship experiences for all Academy students, and ensure successful completion of such experiences. Coordinate feedback and celebration activities to ensure students reflect on their learning, and to highlight and honor the host organizations.
- Visit Internships in action: Visit internship sites while students are engaged in internships and ensure that internships are well articulated, that students are engaged, and that the activity is in line with broader activity goals.
- Drive Community Engagement: Engage students, mentors, parents, and staff in the Omaha community to create real-world learning experience, add value to the community through action, and show the school as a positive citizen in the community.
The position requires an undergraduate degree (BA/BS), as well as the following:
- An outgoing, energetic and service-oriented personality.
- Familiarity with managing programs, specifically with a focus on secondary education and career development.
- Experience working with high school students in school or out-of-school settings.
- Excellent networking and people skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, can-do attitude, and willingness to do whatever tasks are required to see a job through to its successful completion.
Demonstrated independence and leadership skills are highly desirable as is the ability to work without close supervision, in dynamic and often unpredictable environments.
The position will work on and off the Academy’s campus, and regular travel in the area should be expected.
Please apply to this position through the listing on Indeed.